Thursday, September 12, 2019

74 year old woman gives Birth to Twins

I recently read an article by Sike Jasso on a 74 year old woman giving birth to twins!!!!

In reading the article I was excited to know both mom and twins are healthy.  Mom has achieved a world record by being the oldest 1st time mother.  What had given me more joy was knowing that her and her husband had tried for a number of years to become parents and were not successful and eventually they received their miracle.  This is one of those feel good stories that everyone wants to see and share in the happy ending.

I am sure many will look at this story and begin to criticize the parents age.  I would be lying if I said the age of the mother didn't catch my eye to even open the article but I am a firm believer that people have to make decisions that are best for them.  I would not jump on the bandwagon with others to say what is right or what is wrong for other individuals life choices.

However, I have a flip side and would love comments and feed back. As a mature aged 1st time mother, I am constantly trying to make up for lost time.  So much as brainstorming and ensuring that all of my T's are crossed and I's are dotted where my daughter is concerned.  Let me explain, now at the age of 41, I have a soon to be 3-year old (still seems unreal.  I have a 3 year old. YAY!!).  I am always trying to look for ways to improve my health (which I think is a great thing) weather its eating, exercising, and improving my mental health.  Not to say I didn't care before giving birth but now its like times 10.  I just want to ensure I remain healthy enough to be with her during her active years as well as add years to my life.  My husband and I are constantly having conversations as to making sure she is properly cared for in the event he or I cannot be there for her.  That includes a number of things from our living wills to having her financially set for her future.  Much of this anxiety comes from losing my sister so suddenly and her leaving behind 4 children where I had to figure things out along the way (no easy task).

Had I been given a choice, I would never have made the decision to be a 1st time mother at 38 but now that I am I wouldn't change a thing.  I LOVE, LOVE and absolutely LOVE the fact that I am settled, career has been established, financially stable and able to devote the time needed for all of her activities, wants and needs.  Truthfully, I do not think if I were aged 74 I would be seeking options for getting pregnant but that is just my personal opinion just as many would say at aged 38 they would not be seeking options for pregnancy.   I did not know this would be my journey just as I am sure this couple didn't think they would be 1st time parents in their 70s and 80s.

Congratulations to this Happy Couple for their determination and perseverance!

Please check out the article and share your thoughts.


1 comment:

  1. Wow that's really amazing I have heard a new app nutrition info apple this app is great and I have started looking at it. Thanks for the help and suggesting the matter I will go forward with it. Keep publishing and writing new article.

    ReplyDelete